Welcome Back-Part 1!
As our school is home to both Year-Round and French Immersion Programs this year, the staff and administration of École Queen Elizabeth School send a big "Welcome Back-Part 1" to students in our Year-Round program who start school this week on Thursday, August 10, 2017.
Since our French Immersion Program operates on a different school calendar to our Year-Round Program, our second "First Day" of school will be on Tuesday, September 5, 2017 for French Immersion students.
If you are in grades 1-4 this year, you will be going in the West doors (by the playground); and if you are in grades 5-8 this year, you will be going in the East doors (by the office) and climbing the stairs (sigh) to your lockers and homerooms.
Don't forget to bring all of your school supplies with you to school on the first day!
We are looking forward to a great year ahead in our new building, with our new playground, and some new faces as well. Let's work together to make this year the best year ever!
Riding Your Bike to School?
If you are riding your bike to school, don't forget to:
- Wear a helmet
- Walk, don't ride, through crosswalks
- Bring a bike lock
- Lock your bike in the bike racks by the office
Crosswalk Safety: Pedestrians and Cars and Bikes... YIKES
Walking in a crosswalk to get to school? Driving though a crosswalk while passing the school? Biking to school? Remember these safety tips...
- Always cross the street in a marked crosswalk (you'll know it when you see it!)
- Watch for signals (walk signal means, well, walk; hand signal means don't start walking!)
- Look LEFT - Right - LEFT before you walk
- Be careful when walking past stopped vehicles (cars and trucks) in case another vehicle is coming!
- Please yield to pedestrians in crosswalks and at intersections
- Be prepared to stop at crosswalks
- Be alert for pedestrians, cyclists and skateboarders
- If you're riding a bike... you're a vehicle!
- Yield to pedestrians (let people who are walking go first)
- Watch for passing vehicles!